Welcome

Welcome to my family's Disney blog. I am a 30 year old Disney addict, married to a 29 year old Disney addict (he may not admit that though), and the mom to two little girls that are growing up to follow in their Disney addict momma's footsteps. I am constantly looking up anything and everything Disney, so I thought I would create this blog to share with my family and friends all the fun Disney things we do and find.

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Happy Mad Hatter Day!

 
Today is 10/6! The numbers that are on the Mad Hatters hat on Alice in Wonderland. I had no idea what the numbers meant until today and I have found 2 different explanations.
The first explanation is that the card is a price tag in 'old' English money: pounds, shillings and pennies, which was then written as l/s/d.  Lewis Carroll, the author of Alice in Wonderland, has explained the meaning of the tag in The Nursery Alice. The Hatter used to carry about hats to sell: and even the one that he's got on his head is meant to be sold. You see it's got its price marked on it - a "10" and a "6" - that means "ten shillings and sixpence."
I think I like this next explanation better, haha! Mad Hatter Day is the "second silly day" of the year (the first being April Fool's Day) and is celebrated on 10/6 (October 6 in the United States; June 10 in Britain).
 
Either way though.....Happy Mad Hatter Day to YOU!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment